Respond Right Apply Advanced First Aid Instructor
"Advanced First Aid, CPR, Automated External Defibrillator and Oxygen Provider all-in-one certification"
Respond Right courses provide you with the skills required to respond to emergency situations. The courses offer first aid training from basic first aid to apply advanced first aid, including CPR, O2 provider and AED. These courses are vital to many industries and careers; they are also important competencies for day-to-day life outside of work as well.
Respond Right Advanced First Aid, complies with SSI high standards of requiring all professionals to be certified as Oxygen Providers, in addition to the usual industry standard of First Aid and CPR. It is also one of the few first aid certifications accepted to be employed in Australia.
The Apply Advanced First Aid Instructor course is done over two (2) days, if all home study is done prior to join the course
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have an own set of Manikin, Oxygen delivery system and AED, or be at least able to rent it for the duration of the First Aid course;
- Have a background as Lecturer, Emergency Management Personnel, Nurse, or Physician.
- Have current First Aid, CPR and AED certifications from Respond Right Asia or equivalent.
- Comply with all renewal procedures every two (2) years.
- Maintain professional liability insurance (where applicable).
- Be affiliated to and work through an active Respond Right Asia Training Centre or Respond Right Asia Training Resort
Certification and Active Status Requirements:
- Provide and maintain certification in the emergency administration of oxygen. This shall include knowledge of the medical principles involved and practical use of an emergency oxygen unit.
- Deliver at least 1 academic lesson on a given topic with at least one 15 minute lesson being a pass at IE level (score of 46 points). At least 1 lesson evaluation form must be on file, including the passing lesson.
- Pass a final exam with a pass mark of 80% for Instructor rating
- Pass and have on file, the facilitation of an academic session or workshop from: CPR, AED, O2 Administration, Pass a Professionalism Evaluation, Maintain Professional Liability Insurance (where applicable).